OSA Radio (Temp Player)
'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Dance Classix

music software & scratching

This is a discussion on music software & scratching within the Music Chat forum at Old Skool Anthemz; Thread Preview: A friend went to see Buck 65 the other night and here was his description... "went to see buck 65 ...

fred_funk is offline Crazy Poster

music software & scratching

A friend went to see Buck 65 the other night and here was his description...

"went to see buck 65 last night who had this new thing. (buck's show is usually him, a DAT or something, a turntable, a mixer and a mic - he talks and rhymes and scratches inbetween)
    the new thing would appear to be a digitised vinyl record with the mixer connected to a laptop, which allows him to assign any music file on the computer to either turntable and then scratch with it, using an actual piece of vinyl. all the while the monitor shows a graphical representation of both turntables, and the position of the records. so it means you can scratch anything you have on mp3, regardless of whether you have the actual vinyl or not."

Anybody got any idea what Buck 65 was using?

Cheers, Paul
    Tunes for sale on Discogs... Soulseek user: paul_mack

AB45 is offline Board Addict

blue jammer is offline Moderator

Either Final Scratch, or the newer Serato Scratch:

Serato Scratch works almost identically to Final Scratch. The software runs on either PC or Mac and compromises two virtual turntables. These turntables are controlled using Serato’s exclusive control signal from either vinyl or CD. This signal tells the software exactly where the needle is on the record, how fast it is going and the direction of play. The software is so accurate that even the fastest of scratches is perfectly reproduced.

I'm selling my laptop with Final Scratch soon, if interested PM me for price etc (reason for selling is I'm out of work at the min)

fred_funk is offline Crazy Poster

Cheers for the info.
    Tunes for sale on Discogs... Soulseek user: paul_mack